To Shut Off Car: Turn Key Counterclockwise
Sounds simple enough doesn't it? Well you would think so but apparently Alero's don't work that way! So here's the story: this morning when I went to put my car into Drive the button on the gear shift stuck and I needed to play around with it for a few seconds before I could get it out of park. So I drive to work, put the car in park, turn the key back and it won't go back all the way - it is stuck at the ACC and Rambling Dave is doing his torturous daily ramble and I can't get rid of him! (Yes, the volume still worked - but you get the point).
I decide I have three options: 1. Leave it how it is and the battery will die, taking Dave with it. 2. Start it back up and let it run all day while I am at work. 3. Leave work and take my car to SMP for some warranty work.
Hello?! #3 it was! Of 'course I'm going to leave work! haha. So off to SMP where I drive the car in, check it in for it's DR appointment and then, because they told me it would take all day, sit around for 1.5 hours waiting for the shuttle to take me back to work. Oh how I love the sweet taste of wasting time...unless it's my own. Then they call my work at 11am to tell me the car is ready! Urghh. Now I have to figure out how to get it back.
I decide I have three options: 1. Leave it how it is and the battery will die, taking Dave with it. 2. Start it back up and let it run all day while I am at work. 3. Leave work and take my car to SMP for some warranty work.
Hello?! #3 it was! Of 'course I'm going to leave work! haha. So off to SMP where I drive the car in, check it in for it's DR appointment and then, because they told me it would take all day, sit around for 1.5 hours waiting for the shuttle to take me back to work. Oh how I love the sweet taste of wasting time...unless it's my own. Then they call my work at 11am to tell me the car is ready! Urghh. Now I have to figure out how to get it back.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home