Can You Feel It? I can feel it...
Well, Christmas is almost upon us! Aren't you excited? I am! My brother called lastnight and is home for a few days...it has been a few years since he has made it home for Christmas but this year I can feel that he actually wants to be here. You know the phase, where you just don't care? We all go through it I think, where other things in life seem more important or we can't make it back for some reason or another ( one year he was in Australia, I'll forgive him for that - I wouldn't have came back either had I had a choice - haha!) He has even started calling me on my birthday! I couldn't believe my ears the first time (a couple years ago) and I asked him if something was wrong! And just a couple weeks ago he called "just to chat" so he said. I think he was slightly drunk but I'll let it slide because I enjoyed it. Alot. You see, I have missed him immensely. My brother and I used to be best friends when we were younger and somewhere between high school and university our friendship faded - it was always still there, deep down, as it always is with best friends and siblings but we didn't make the effort we should have. Through our last few conversations I can tell we have reconnected. He even had to tell me that he "approves" of me marrying Sean - that Sean is WAY better than any other guy I have ever dated. And it is true. Sean is the best, by far. Bart's girlfriend Heidi is a pretty cool chick herself (and us girls have to stick together) so I took the opportunity to bug him about popping the big question too! haha
One last day of work to go and then Christmas, here I come! I can't wait to visit with the family and my Big Bad (little) Brother Bart!
One last day of work to go and then Christmas, here I come! I can't wait to visit with the family and my Big Bad (little) Brother Bart!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home